Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I make a lousy model!

So. I decided to do something different and try a "model shot" for today's Daily Design Challenge piece, and of course, I had to be more own model. I was trying for "sultry" in this shot, but I ended up with "surly" instead. Plus half the necklace is missing from the shot.

Would you like to see the entire necklace? I really think you should go take a look, because I'm very happy with how it turned out. I call it Unlock My Secrets.

Other than the fact that I make a lousy model, photography went better today. I set up a make-shift photo studio and got a few good shots (plus some pretty lousy ones). I can't seem to find my tripod, which is annoying. It's a good thing that my camera has such a good inner stabilization system.

Oh, and there's progress on the dog ownership front -- but I don't want to say too much until I have a better idea if it will work out! I'm trying not to get too excited, just in case the rescue agency turns me down. So please think good "AJ and Chris would make great corgi owner" thoughts for us!

5 comments:

  1. I'd say "stubborn" for that picture! The necklace is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dfGood luck on the dog front!!!!! I've got my fingers crossed!
    Oh, as to the earrings, just not nickle please, I'm allergic. Otherwise, I'll let your tests take over!
    cheers, Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Almost sultry. Practice and try again tomorrow, you're almost there! Hey, that necklace looks good...you going to take another pic so I can see it all? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlene, you can see the picture by clicking on the name link in the post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha, stubborn definitely fits! I was stubbornly trying not to show my teeth while I stubbornly insisted on taking model shots of myself instead of dragging Chris away from work to do it!

    Thank you, Denise, and I will most likely be mailing your earrings on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete