Monday, August 25, 2008

A Butterfly Necklace!

It's been a while since I made something with a butterfly. Far too long, in fact! So here's Autumn Flier, today's Daily Design Challenge piece. The enameled pendant is accented by Czech glass, Swarovski crystals, and vintage beads.

At around 11:20am today, we got hit by a nice thunderstorm. I was surprised to hear thunder while I was doing my morning e-mail, as our storms usually don't hit until afternoon or evening. I decided to take advantage of the nice temperatures and actually work in the beadroom, instead of bringing my project into the office. It was a lot more efficient, and Topher liked it. The kitties aren't allowed in the beadroom unattended, but they enjoy the fresh air so much that I've decided they can be in there whenever I am. Lira likes to sit in the windowsills, and Topher usually lies on the floor and looks up at the windows. Of course, with all the rain coming down, Lira didn't come out at all today, and Topher decided to sit in the doorway instead, so he could keep an eye on me without getting too close to the scary wet stuff.

By the way, I'm really liking how most of my jewelry looks against the polished wooden box I've been using as a backdrop frequently. What do you think? I'm considering getting a nice-sized board and asking my Dad to stain it for me, to use not just for my Etsy listings, but for the BFAC photos that I have to start taking soon.

3 comments:

  1. That's very pretty! I love the butterfly! I'm not so sure about the board for BFAC -- we've got all those color-lined colors and I wonder if the grain might add distraction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... Could be. I need to figure out something good for a backdrop. Might be time for a trip to the fabric store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, fabric store! The wood grain will fight with the jewelry, whether it's stained or not. The picture you have now is good, but the grain does distract. Just a thought! Oh yeah, love that butterfly!

    ReplyDelete