Saturday, August 23, 2008

Denise's Earrings

Denise requested earthy amber tones, so I decided to make her some mini chandeliers with tiger's eye, citrine, and some amber firepolished teardrops, all dangled from sterling silver stampings. I'm very happy with how they turned out, I think they're earthy and elegant. Hopefully Denise will love them, too!

Most of all, I'm happy with the picture. It makes them look like some super-swanky earrings that would end up on the front page of Etsy! Sometimes I see people that I know in an Etsy treasury and I think "someday that will be me!" All I need is a picture like this, and for someone to see it and know that it fits perfectly with their theme.

After spending my mornings sleeping and my afternoons doing the Etsy thing, I've been spending my evenings catching up on all of the housework I fell behind on a couple of weeks ago when I felt like garbage. When I'm doing chores, my mind wanders a lot and that's when I come up with my best ideas. Well, last night I had some of my best thinking time ever while I was doing dishes and laundry, and I figured out how everything ties together in my book. I mean, I had already had an epiphany at dinner the other day, figuring out a new and better ending, but last night I figured out how the secondary characters tie into things and what they'll set in motion and what will happen to them, and I just loved it. In that moment I felt like a real author, one capable of writing a book not just with cool characters and good dialog (what I consider to be my two strengths), but a really intricate plot with lots of enjoyable conflict (my definite weaknesses). If I can actually complete this book, it will be the best thing I've ever written, and without a doubt it will be something I'd be proud to try to get published.

Needless to say, that's an awesome feeling.

3 comments:

  1. Those earrings are fabulous! I aspire to do photos like you, but first I need to replace the camera :( One thing at a time, heh? Congrats on moving forward with the book. I'm looking forward to seeing it on my bookshelf...signed, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From your mouth to God's ears, Charlene ;)

    I really love my Canon PowerShot A570IS! The IS stands for Internal Stabilization, which auto-corrects for shaky hands. All of the photos I've posted this week have been taken without the benefit of a tripod. The only time I have trouble with motion blurs is when I'm trying to photograph little insects. I don't think the stabilization works at that scale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool earrings! And good news on figuring out the book, too!

    ReplyDelete