Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Artsy Photography and Travel Plans

The verdict is in! Beaded jewelry does photograph well outdoors on a cloudy day. With another storm blowing in, I took these earrings outside, hung them from a little branch on one of my young mesquite trees, and snapped some shots! I like how the opal glass of the leaves glows slightly in the diffused sunlight.

The earrings, by the way, are called Eternal Spring and they're today's Daily Design Challenge item! I had started working on a necklace, but it grew out of control and by 3pm I realized there was no way I was going to have time to finish it and get it on Etsy today. I'll try to finish it tomorrow.

Now for my travel plans, and how they'll affect the Daily Design Challenge. We're going to leave Tucson Sunday morning and get home Tuesday evening. Obviously, if I'm gone on Monday and most of Tuesday, it will be pretty hard to make, photograph, and list jewelry. But fear not! I have a plan! I shall... cheat! I have two pieces of jewelry made already, one of which is already photographed. Ideally, I will list one from the hotel room Monday night, and the other one from home after I roll back into town. That way I'll at least keep up with my quota of listing items.

Granted, I may not end up listing an item at all on Monday. I may be too busy playing with my new dogs at the hotel. But if that's the case, we'll just have a Twofer Tuesday, and everyone will be happy.

I'm really looking forward to the trip. Not only will I be adopting two adorable little corgi girls, but I'll be spending a night in Flagstaff, a place I've never been. I've never been to Farmington, NM either, but I hear it's kind of boring, so I'm not as excited about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment