Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Guess what I found?

I found my thread! Yesterday, while I was doing other things, I suddenly remember where I packed it! It was in one of the two deep drawers in my jewelry armoire. Oh, little bowl of thread, how I've missed you! We were apart for far too long.

I thought about hosting a little contest, to give a prize to the first person who guessed where my thread had been all along, but I decided it would just be too hard. Someone would have to guess that I had an armoire, that it had deep drawers, that it used to be in my beadroom, and that it would seem like a good idea to stick my thread in there. But I do feel like doing a contest, so I'll have to come up with something else.

Meanwhile, I've been happily beading along, working on a nice earth-toned lariat. It's shaping up nicely, and I'll be taking it to tonight's game so I can get a lot of weaving done tonight. I'm very happy to be able to bead again, without being limited to two colors of thread. At this point, I think I've figured out where all of my beading stuff is. Now if I could just get it all neatly organized, I'd be doing really well.

ErtheFae.com is still down, but one of Chris's co-workers came up with a plan that may allow us to bring it back up. We're going to give that a try tonight. To make up for not having a site right now, and not updating it when I did, I've started to list a few new items in my Etsy shop. I put one bracelet in today, and there will be one more each tomorrow and Friday. Be sure to check them out!

5 comments:

  1. Yaaaay, thread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed! Now if I could just find all of my missing kitchenware.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you're eating fingerfood?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am amazed at where 'lost' things show up...I try to label boxes clearly but there's always a lost treasure. I'm glad you found your thread at long last!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, not all of my kitchenware is missing... just a bunch of the large utensils and measuring spoons and such.

    I labeled a lot but it still only goes so far! Especially since towards the end we were getting pretty sloppy in our rush to get out on time.

    ReplyDelete