Monday, August 24, 2009

A day in the garden

I arrived safely in NY last night, and am just now sitting down with a computer. My day of travel was a little harrowing, but I got in just a little behind schedule.

The picture above is one that Chris took on his phone, of some pretty orange mushrooms that we saw on a nature trail at the Planting Fields Arboretum, where we spent our afternoon. It was a lovely day: warm, a little humid, a mix of sun and clouds. We picnicked in the shade, read, and explored the grounds. All in all, very enjoyable.

Now I'm quite tired, after a day of walking and sunshine, and a very large dinner, so I'm going to veg out for a little until bed.

3 comments:

  1. i'm looking for fairies amongst the mushrooms.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking they were flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always looking for faeries among the mushrooms!

    They are rather flower-shaped and colorful, but they were definitely fungus. We saw a couple other types of mushrooms, too.

    ReplyDelete