Monday, January 21, 2008

Pre Gem Show Crunch

I'm not sure if there's going to be an update this week. I have a lot of things that I need to take care of in the next 2 weeks to get ready for gem show. I have to wrap up all of my BFAC responsibilities, fill this custom order, and take care of planning for the show itself. I've got almost all of that under wraps already, so I want to spend the next couple days getting it done so I don't have to worry about it anymore.

It's hard to believe that gem show is almost here again! I'm so excited! Of course, I'm also a little sad, as a couple of my friends and favorite lampworkers won't be there this year. It seems like with the current economy, a lot of artists are finding that it's not profitable to come all the way out to Tucson anymore.

Although I'm sad about the people who won't be here, it does leave a chunk of my budget free, which I think I'll spend on beads from new-to-me artists. This will be a good way to work on my goal of adding more variety to my work.

2 comments:

  1. Your work is lovely and has a very unique look!

    I will also be in Tucson, which shows are you going to be attending? I think most of my time will be spent at the Learning Center at the Electric Park Venue, Rio's Catalog in Motion and the AGTA show.

    I will be blogging daily - so drop me a comment if you'd like to meet up!

    Robyn Hawk
    http://tucsongemshow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Robyn!

    I've bookmarked your blog and I look forward to reading about your gem show experiences... I'll be blogging mine here :D

    Right now, it looks like I'm going to be working at the Best Bead show (for Beyond Beadery). I plan to hit Gem Mall and Manning House on their opening days. Other than that, I'm not sure where I'll go... depends on how much money I have left :D

    ReplyDelete