Monday, January 28, 2008

Layne's Legacy -- Beading For A Cure -- 2008

The 2008 Layne's Legacy -- Beading For A Cure gallery is up, complete with a slideshow! Now you can see all the photos I was working on, and all of the simply gorgeous items that I've had the honor of seeing in person. There's an amazing amount of variety, which hearkens back to the earliest little seed of an idea that started BFAC... what would happen if different beaders were given the same beads to work with? This is a popular theme that a lot of bead magazines and groups play with. Everyone likes to see the artistic inspiration that comes from different muses being presented with the same material.

I'm already gearing up for the 2008-09 challenge. I do hope that this year's bead kit is more to my liking. I'm hoping for greens or teals or blues. Maybe with some bronze thrown in. Bronze makes everything better!

I'm not sure when the next update for the site and Etsy store will be. To be honest with you, I haven't been sleeping well for the past few weeks and I am always tired. Hopefully I can get my sleep under control before gem show, when I'm going to need all my energy!

I did end up writing last night, which was great. I did a couple of pages in a couple of hours, not too bad since I had to spend a lot of time refreshing myself on what I'd already written. Sometimes it's good to take a long break from a story. I found myself writing things that I had never even thought about the last time that I worked on this book, and I now like the direction it's going in. I plan to spend some more time writing tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment