Monday, April 14, 2008

Settling down to bead.

I'm about to work some more on Locked Away. I did a little bit last night, but wasn't happy with most of it, so I undid it. Hopefully tonight will be more successful. I'm trying to figure out exactly how I want to fill in the area around the wings. I'm trying to use the amber 15s, because I'm not really thrilled with the terra cotta lined lime beads. I think the amber looks much nicer with the teal-turquoise.

I haven't really been able to bead much during the day lately. Having Chris home all the time really throws me off and I find that I have a hard time concentrating on anything when he's constantly on the phone. One of the best things about having a house will be having our respective work areas on opposite sides of said house, so we don't interfere with each other. Don't get me wrong, I love him and I love the idea of having him home, but the reality doesn't work out so well.

Tonight I did a little dancing, since I've completely kicked the cough that my cold left me with. With any luck, I'll stay healthy and I'll be able to dance on a regular basis again. I can feel myself slipping out of shape, and I don't want that to happen!

2 comments:

  1. Think of all the women with retired husbands home! At least he's being active, even if it's on the phone and the computer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's not that I mind him being at home. It really is the phone thing. He talks kind of loudly, and it's almost constant, including when I'm trying to sleep. He does his best to keep it at a minimum while I'm sleeping, but sometimes he has to take calls. Mostly it's a problem with me, as I have a really hard time focusing on reading or writing anything when people are talking around me. I did better with beading today, at least!

    ReplyDelete