Thursday, July 09, 2009

Dance class tonight!

Today's Daily Special is Celestial Celebration! The earthy neutral colors of this necklace really make it perfect for year-round wear. I'm hoping it will find a lovely new home soon.

Tonight is my first class at Plaza de Anaya up in Tempe. I'm so excited! Finally, after several years of being largely self-taught (working from a great foundation from my friend Helen), I'm going to go learn a codified set of moves (or a "language" as its often called) that will allow me to do choreography both pre-planned and spontaneous, and perform with other dancers.

This is the first step in my big plan for my life, which is to become Tucson's premier teacher of tribal-style belly dance. If anyone is teaching it here, they're keeping pretty quiet about it. With what I've already learned about on-line self promotion from running Erthe Fae Designs, and the sites I've discovered while trying to find a teacher, I'm certain that students will have no problems finding me, and learning to love tribal as much as I do.

My plan is to be teaching by the time I'm 30 (I'm 27 now). I know 30 is a time when a lot of people look back at their life and see what they've done so far -- and right now, I wouldn't see much. I want to hit 30 and say "I've built up the skills to do what I love for the rest of my life."

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the start of your goal trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! I'm very excited to have a plan instead of drifting along like I have been for the past few years :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did your first class go? I've been enjoying the beginner's class I just started taking. My teacher is awesome! Here's a video of her dancing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ESP_dN-FZ0 Do you have any of you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Class was great! I'm just about to post about it :)

    Wow, wonderful video! I love how she added Romani touches to her Turkish style.

    I don't have any videos of me dancing yet, because I don't have a camcorder. If I manage to make it to the recital for class (I may be in NY at the time), there will probably be a video and of course I'll share it here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you are willing to learn to dance with the help of online dance lessons, than you can avail dance video and easy to follow dance instruction dvd. For more online dance sites you can visit : http://www.learn-dance-online.com/dance_directories.html

    ReplyDelete