Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Custom Earrings

Today I took a little break from working on Cthulhu to take care of a couple of commissions, including these earrings. Made for a friend of my mother-in-law, they're designed to match a pretty fused glass pendant that she loves. I used Czech firepolished, rounds, and crystals in three different shades of greens. They look very much like something I'd wear, so of course I'm very happy with how they turned out!

It was fun to work on a simple project, so I might make some more easy earrings later this week to go in the Etsy shop. I should really be working on getting the shop ready for Halloween and Christmas. Hard to think about those when I'm still running around in tank tops, but since when has Arizona's weather ever admitted the existence of Autumn?

5 comments:

  1. forest elegance. you've created a new style ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, ladies! I'm always happy when I get to design in green :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The spring and fall are so short in the DC area that I've had the same spring & fall coat for many years and expect it will still look new when I die!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marilee, it would be the same with my winter coat, if I hadn't bought it used. I still haven't replaced the missing buttons, because I only wear it once or twice a year. I might need to take it with me to Tahoe, though.

    ReplyDelete