Friday, November 14, 2008

Wastelands Tribe at last

I'm still not a great model, but I really needed a shot of this necklace being worn so people could see how awesome it is, and it just wouldn't have looked as good on Chris ;) For more pictures, please visit Wastelands Tribe on Etsy, and while you're at it, you can see all of the awesome earrings I made yesterday, too!

I'm probably happier with how this came out than I would have been with the original design. As I was weaving, I really felt like the necklace had an Afghani or African look to it, so the brass bells really go. And it was fun to work the key and the gear into the design, too. In fact, the gear is really nifty. It's actually two gears on one little axis (axle? spoke? thingie?), and you can move them individually if you have fingernails and decent manual dexterity. They could probably also be manipulated with a pin.

Next up, I'll be working on Snow Queen, but first I have to clean the remnants of about half a dozen projects off of my desk. It's getting way too cluttered here!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, that's a very nice piece! I like the earrings, too! You'll have a whole steampunk collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice AJ :) I like it all...you're turning me into a steampunk fan! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great necklace and it looks fantastic on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all :)

    Marilee, that's the idea! I need to come up with some steampunk bracelets next, though it will be hard to compete with the awesome ones on Etsy already.

    Charlene, glad to spread the love :D

    ReplyDelete