Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Hey look, it's SNOWDROP! :D

Ok, I'm through delaying! Today I photographed Snowdrop and now she's up on Etsy and ready for your admiring glances. There are three more images in the Etsy listing, including a couple of close-ups if you want to see more detail (and I know you do!).

I created Snowdrop for the Etsy BeadWeavers' December challenge, Snow Queen. For more eye candy, search Etsy for the tag "ebwc" and see what my team mates have come up with!

A wide variety of white and crystal beads went into the creation of this frosty beauty. There's Japanese seed beads in two sizes and colors, Delicas, a silver-backed crystal rivoli, white opal crystals, crystal moonlight teardrops, vintage teardrops, and a big opal and crystal givre teardrop, plus a cute little Czech glass button for the clasp.

The rivoli is bezeled with peyote stitch, and then I added three layers of embellishment. First, the long fringes with accent beads. Then a layer of short, plain fringes behind them just to fill it out. Then some ruffly picots all around, to give it some extra texture.

The necklace itself is a variation of chevron chain. I love this stitch because it's quick, sturdy, and attractive. This particular variation looks like interwoven hearts... although if you look at it just right, it sort of looks like hearts alternating with pretzels.

Now that Snowdrop is done, I can focus on the necklace I'm making for myself, which is never going to be ready in time for Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

  1. It turned out great. So pretty! Snowdrop is the perfect name, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful, AJ. I don't wear many necklaces, but I'd wear that one.
    Have a great Thanksgiving!
    Arline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey AJ! That turned out so amazing! Very nice and white and cool!
    I hope you have a great Thanksgiving!
    Cheers, Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a perfect Snowdrop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all, glad you like it :)

    And a happy Thanksgiving to all of you (ok, so it's not Thanksgiving for you Denise, you'll just have to have a very nice Thursday!).

    ReplyDelete