Tuesday, November 11, 2008

BootsbootsbootsbootsBOOTS!

Today I bought the most awesome black lace-up ankle boots. They're even more awesome than my previous black lace-up ankle boots, which have to be retired due to general falling-apartness. Chris is very amused by my excitement about these boots. While I like clothing, I am generally ambivelant about shoes. The one exception is boots. I ADORE boots of the lace-up or button-up variety. The more psuedo-Victorian the better. Now I just need a pair of brown boots and I will be an extremely happy girl.

This week has been beyond weird. Chris had to work overtime on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and last night, and now he's off today, tomorrow and probably Thursday. As such, today feels like a Saturday, and I kept forgetting that it was, in fact, the middle of the week.

Safety Gear has been redubbed Wastelands Tribe and it was coming along nicely until I realized that I had somehow been 5 rows off on finding the center (despite counting twice...), so I have to take it apart a bit and rework it some, but I do believe it can be saved. It looks nothing short of awesome, with a definite Afghani and African influence. I can't wait to finish it and show it off. In fact, I think I should go work on it now.

4 comments:

  1. What fun! I love boots, though cannot wear lace-up or button-up - no matter what weight I am I have ridiculously thick ankles :) I was a size 4 at 125 lbs and couldn't get my ankles to cooperate with the boots - looked too funny! So, congrats on finding the perfect pair; congrats on feeling great! Oh yeah - pictures please!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. there is nothing like finding the perfect pair of boots! i think you should post a pic so the rest of us can see how fabulous they are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, boots! I have a lace-up to calf pair, but it's only the lacing on my legs that keeps them on. My feet are kind of loose inside, so I don't wear them unless they're really required for the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll try taking a picture of them :)

    ReplyDelete