Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Artist Spotlight -- Blend Creations


Whereas yesterday's Featured Artist is a friend of mine, today I'm discussiong a pair of artists whose work I discovered on a forum -- Eric Jean-Louis and Vivian Cheng of Blend Creations. I started drooling as soon as I saw these pendants! Ox-bone carvings set in stainless steel! The possibilities for beaded necklaces are plentiful. I have some faceted jade that would pick out the greens in those colors just perfectly.

The above image is of a pendant named "Midori" which I especially love. Fans of Asian culture will likely enjoy all of the pendants, however. They have more with ox-bone carvings, some with mah-jong tiles, other with washi (Japanese paper in beautiful colors which would be delightful to match to beads), and still others set with shells, coral and bamboo, respectively. These pendants masterfully combine the natural materials with the modern influence of the steel settings.

Someday, I hope to own one of these focals!

No comments:

Post a Comment