Thursday, November 05, 2009

Wish me luck!

Tonight I'm going to drive to Tempe for the first time. It's about a 1 hr 45 minute drive from my house. I've only driven on the highway once before, so this is a pretty big jump for me -- but it's something that I have to start practicing since I'll be doing it at least once a week for the next year or so.

I'm trying not to worry about it too much, and am focusing instead on this zill rhythm that we're supposed to master by the end of this class. I've been mostly just practicing the finger movements at various times and places, because let's face it, it's not very feasible to break out finger cymbals at the gym. But today I actually put them on and walked around the house practicing. The dogs ran away and hid, which is better than what I expected -- barking and jumping. Perhaps I can actually practice dancing without crating them now, so long as I'm also zilling.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! And have fun, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! The driving was not fun (tedious is more like it), but dance class sure was... as was watching Chris convince our waiter that we drive up to Tempe once a week because we just like that bar so much.

    ReplyDelete