Friday, November 13, 2009

Aww man

I was really excited for Sunday, because I was going to take a 4-hour workshop called "Fire For Bellydancers." It was going to cover fire fans and palm torches. What could be more awesome than adding fire props to my dancing?* Unfortunately, I got an e-mail this morning saying that the class was canceled due to lack of interest. Lack of interest? Seriously Tucson, what is wrong with you? How could there not be enough interest in Fire For Bellydancers.

Apparently they're going to try again in January. I may have to find random people and convince them to sign up for the class.

Anyway, today I went back to the gym for the first time since Monday, and I did a really hard workout. I even learned some new things. Hopefully I won't be too sore tomorrow, since I want to go to the Saturday afternoon workout.

*Actually getting good at the moves I already know, which is what I'll do instead.

3 comments:

  1. Bummer. "Lack of interest" could maybe mean lack of money or too busy with the holidays coming up.

    Maybe some of the people in your Thursday night class would be interested in going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet some of your guy friends would like to play with fire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SaraBeth, I'm guessing it's probably a little bit of both and a little bit of "I'll sign up later" and never doing so. If they do another class, I'm going to post about it on the AZ Bellydance Facebook group and mention it at class and hopefully get some people interested.

    Marilee, I'm not sure they should be allowed to play with fire ;)

    ReplyDelete