Thursday, October 29, 2009

Armed with needle and thread...

Remember when I said that I was hoping to finish the mushroom pixie necklace this week? Yeah, I haven't touched it. When I made that statement, I forgot to take into affect the fact that Halloween is this week. Yesterday I was struck with the desire to make a bustle skirt, so I did. I took scissors, needle and thread to an old skirt of mine and bustled it up. It looks pretty sweet.

Today I had to stitch the elastic straps for my zills, and while I was doing that, I started thinking about Chris's steampunk costume, and how his vest would look a lot better if it had vintage brass buttons instead of cheap-o plastic ones. I'm almost done with that project. Tomorrow's project will be my crazy steampunk belt to go with my bustle skirt.

I swear I'll get some beading done over the weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I'll take them tomorrow! I wanted to get a pic of the skirt today, but I was just too busy :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can do without the mushroom as long as we get pictures of the costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pictures got put off one more day. Finishing my belt took longer than I expected, then I had to bake cookies, now only 1 hour til we leave and I need to eat dinner, get costumed up, and do my hair and makeup!

    ReplyDelete