Friday, February 22, 2008

One post, lots of things!


I finally took some pictures! And there will be much more photography done on Monday, oh yes.

This necklace is the one that I whipped up one morning to go with my brown and silver sequined skirt. It's a really beautiful skirt... Somewhat full, ankle length (and I have long legs!), with silver paisly-ish designs. I didn't have a necklace to go with it, so previously I'd just worn this Lillypilly pendant on a silver chain. However, I simply can't go to a bead show without a beaded necklace, so I had to make this.

Sometimes simple is best. Even though this is just a strung necklace that I made in less than an hour, I've received a lot of compliments on it. While I do think that I did a very nice job of matching the color and theme of the pendant, I think people really love the pendant itself. It's much prettier in person, because the shell is lighter in the center and dark at the edges. Combined with the Celtic spiral pattern, it makes for a very attractive piece.

The necklace is strung with three sizes and colors of Czech firepolished beads, smoke topaz Swarovski crystals, and "Celtix" pewter beads that we're given to me as a gift. I think the various topaz shades look very harmonious together, and they're a pretty good look for me, with my brown hair.

I finished the necklace I was working on this afternoon, but the photo didn't turn out, so I'll try again on Monday. I am very happy with the necklace itself. It's using a technique that I haven't done for years and did from memory, without even looking at my old examples, because I wanted to see if I could. My bead count might be a little different than the original, but it still came out looking nifty.

Most importantly, my BFAC kit arrived this afternoon! I can't talk about it, though. I have to keep the colors and styles secret until everyone has received theirs. But I can design all I want! I've already picked out a few things to add to the kit... a rivoli, a druzy cab, and a key. Although I'm thinking that I might do two rivolis instead, but they'll definitely be the color of this one that I already have (which is chipped, so I don't want to use it in my BFAC project anyway).

Christina of This Girl Beads did an open blog tagging this week, and since I've never been tagged, I'm taking it and running! If you want to play, here's the rules:
  1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
  2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
  3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
  4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Anyway, I don't KNOW seven people who blog and haven't been tagged yet, so just like Christina, I'm going to say, if you want to play, do so, and if not, don't feel pressured! Now let's see how interesting I can make my facts.

1. My eyes change color, possibly dependent on my mood. My ID says "green" because that's my favorite color, but sometimes they're hazel, and sometimes they're grey.

2. I wrote my first story when I was 8 years old or so. It was written from the POV of a super hero I'd made up, and it was about a species of fish she'd discovered. I wrote two or three of those stories, and I still have them (no, I'm not going to share them). Why would a super hero go around looking for fish? It made sense to me as a kid, now I just shake my head.

3. I've never been outside of the US. One time my grandparents took me to San Juan Capistrano, but they didn't tell me where we were going, so for some reason I was convinced we were going to Mexico. While in San Juan Capistrano, I got a book of really nice paper dolls, and all their clothes were Victorian. I wish I still had those!

4. I like to dip french fries in honey, but only at fast food places, because it's too messy at home!

5. Peach is my least favorite color. I accidentally bought some peach beads, and now I have to sell them on Etsy because I know I'll never use them.

6. Although I like skulls, graveyards, macabre stories, and other such morbid things, I am afraid of actual dead bodies.

7. My husband and I met in an on-line roleplaying channel. If not for the fact that some guy that he didn't like decided to pick on my character, we might never have become friends! Also, my character had lost her clothes during the course of the picking-on, so Chris likes to tell people that I was naked when he met me. I, obviously, do not like his version of the story, because it makes me sound like a stripper.

Ok, I think that's about as random as it gets!

Tune in tomorrow for more jewelry pictures!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting facts! And a very nice necklace, too! "paisley," btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not a word I use very often, so I'm not surprised I misspelled it!

    ReplyDelete