Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Chaos 'n' Stuff.

This week hasn't quite gone as it should so far, and it's only Tuesday. Things have been a little off-kilter. As such, I haven't even done any real beading yet. I tried to put together some earrings yesterday, but they didn't quite cooperate. I'll definitely try again tomorrow, if I don't decide that I feel like making something else.

Dragonfly Pond is up on my website now. That's the pretty green-and-brown necklace. You can see the full image there, which also includes a different view of the carved dragonfly bead. Also, I'm happy to say that Princess of Atlantis (the aqua lentil necklace) has already sold, coincidentally, it went to the lady I bought the Bali fish from. It's funny when beads go full-circle like that.

Today I picked up the latest issues of Beadwork and Bead and Button, and I've been browsing through them. There are a lot of things I'd like to try in both magazines, but it may be a while until I get to any of them. There are also some very cool articles on various artists to be read this month. I was happy to see Jeremy Sinkus -- my gem show booth neighbor for the past two years -- featured in Beadwork.

And while I'm talking about guys who make awesome pendants, I'd like to share today's Cool Thing: Electronic Ouroborus! These alchemical designs made from recycled electronic parts really appeal to me. I'd love to incorporate one into a beaded necklace. I'm especially fond of "the dis-armature patterns" which has a very eldritch look to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment