Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Playing catch-up again

Things have been rather strange and uncertain around here lately, so I've been quiet. I don't want my blog to be a realm of drama and moping, after all.

Within the next day or two, I'll have a better idea of what the future will hold, and it will either be back to life as normal, or time for some major changes. Either way, I'll be free to finally talk about things which were previously hush-hush, and that will be a huge relief.

I've been working on several projects, including the bracelet that I mentioned in my last post, a belt that had been sitting unfinished for a year or two, and a polymer dragon sculpture for my husband. I haven't managed to settle down and complete any of them, of course.

Weather here has been weird. Lots of rain, and temps in the 80s and occasional 90s instead of the familiar 110 of July in Tucson. I've been a lot more active with these lower temperatures. I did a ton of re-arranging and cleaning in my beadroom, and as soon as I get a new CD player, it will be able to double as my dance room. No more tripping over my tomcat when I dance!

In addition to a CD player, I'm thinking of picking up a toaster or convection oven for my clay-baking. I could set it up on the back porch and thus not have to worry about heating my apartment up... this is a big concern, since my current dragon will need to bake for about 2 hours!

I'm going to try to stay in blogging mode and not be such a stranger.

No comments:

Post a Comment