Thursday, August 10, 2006

Tassel-riffic Hairsticks

Ok, let's see if I can write this post real fast before blogger's scheduled maintenance!

These are my new hairsticks. They're made with teakwood sticks, Czech pressed glass beads, vintage cut glass beads, and tassels which are made from a blend of acrylic yarn and cotton embroidery floss. They're really cute! I want to make some with bells for dancing, but I figured I'd better leave my every-day ones bell free so I don't jingle with every movement of my head and drive my poor husband crazy.

I plan to make some of these available on my site as well, but only after I find a source for nicer hairsticks. These ones are very unevenly carved, so it's hard to make a matched pair. I do have some other hair accessories planned in the meantime!

No comments:

Post a Comment