Friday, August 04, 2006

Dragon In The Raw

Here's the dragon I've been working on, prior to his trip to the exotic land of oven. He's made with Premo! His eyes are brown cat's eye, and the cab that his tale is wrapped around is... some random cab from a grab bag. Probably some sort of jasper? He's since been baked and patina'd. Now he needs a nice varnish and another trip to the oven, and then he will be ready to sit on my husband's desk.

While yonder wyrm was baking, I learned how to make tassels. I'd been wanting to learn how to make my own, as tassels are a common element in tribal belly dance costumes. I may not have room to sew my own clothes, but at least I can make my own tassels. I have two green ones hanging from my ruler now. I might make more before bed.

As for the source of my recent stress... my husband is employed by a large internet company which restructured this week. We were worried that this restructuring would result in the loss of his job. Well, his position is safe for now, so I can breathe a huge sigh of relief. ::SIGH::

Tonight I booked our plane tickets for our annual visit to the in-laws in NY. I am looking forward to getting out of Tucson for a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment