Monday, December 21, 2009

Quick Recital Report

I am all tired out from a day of errands and the gym, but I did promise to talk about the recital today, so here goes!

My Dad stealth-snapped this picture of me while we were talking after the performance. Check out my crazy-awesome bindi and the cute corona of flowers that my classmate Bea put into my hair! I'm really happy with how I ended up looking for the night, stupid teeth aside. I'll get a good picture of my necklace later this week.

Of course, I'm sure that what you really want is the video. This version was taken by someone named Chase -- I think he was the staff-spinning teacher. He gave it to my classmate Shari who uploaded it and shared it with us on YouTube. Major thanks to both of them! I know it's pretty dark, but luckily I'm wearing a shiny silver skirt, so it's easy to pick me out.

The funny thing about it was that the performance itself passed by in a blur. It seemed like we were on the stage and then poof, we were off! It's nice to see the video and actually see what everyone was doing, and how I screwed up ;)

I really enjoyed it, though, and am looking forward to future chances to perform!

7 comments:

  1. Looks like you all had a great time. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As my Flute Teacher has told me often enough - the only problem with screwing up is if you stop. If you keep going, most people will never notice.

    (Now, if I could just get that into practice!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Arline! We had a blast :)

    Dad, all three of my teachers have stressed that when you mess up, you just smile and keep going. That definitely served me well when Tiffany stepped on my toes... tee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you were wearing the shinies- it made you much easier to pick out. You did great! And you look so pretty all done up in your makeup and flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Meri! I almost switched to a colorful skirt but now I'm glad I didn't :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bindi, you looked amazing. =) I bet is was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Janine! I'll definitely be wearing that bindi a lot... black and silver goes with everything :D

    I'm already brainstorming about performing opportunities for 2010!

    ReplyDelete