Thursday, December 10, 2009

Mushroom Pixie

I completed this necklace some time ago, but it's taken me this long to get some decent pictures. Even this batch isn't perfect, the red looks a little washed out. Guess the sun was too bright. Anyway, I've dubbed her Miss August and she's the first of a proposed series of similar necklaces using the rest of my vintage faerie buttons.

Yesterday I made the jewelry for the FAE Team holiday gift swap. I'm really pleased with it, and I took some good pictures, but I can't share them here until after the 21st, as most of the participants read my blog! Today my plan is to make a necklace with some goodies from Artbeads.com, with the intention of wearing it to class tonight... Tune in tomorrow to see if I was successful.

4 comments:

  1. I love the flower bells! What's the metal piece on the right side?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! The metal piece is a pewter mushroom charm from Green Girl Studios. Originally I was going to dangle it from the pendant, but I couldn't come up with a way that I liked, so I decided on a tiny bit of asymmetry instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that came out really cute! I like that asymmetry with the mushroom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Meri! I should probably force myself into asymmetry more often :)

    ReplyDelete