Friday, December 18, 2009

Like this, but better

Tomorrow's the big day! Recital! I feel like I'm ready for it. I've got my costume, accessories, make-up, and a friend willing to feed the dogs since we'll be out all day. Now I just need to finish my necklace, and pack everything up so I don't forget anything important, like my shirt. Wouldn't that be embarrassing!

Today I had to go buy lipstick, as Tiffany (my teacher) said that we should all wear dark red for the performance to look more dramatic. I hate lipstick, because it draws attention to my mouth, the single most unattractive part of my body. Ugh. But I sucked it up and bought some "Winter Red" which is dark without being TOO red, so it's better with my freckly white girl complexion.

Anyway, I'm now closed for the holidays. You can still buy things, but I won't ship them until at least the 28th.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck! Or is it break a leg with dancing? Probably not that one, huh? ;)

    Oh man, I remember the days of dance recitals as a kid/teen- the bright lipstick, the bright blue eyeshadow, and the large amounts of blush. You're off easy with just the lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pic from Tahoe, AJ. Hope your recital is all you want it to be.

    Arline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meri, I didn't break a leg, but my teacher did step on my toes while we were on stage... does that count?

    Oh, aside from the lipstick we were told to do whatever we normally do for makeup, but lean towards dark eyeshadow. I LOVE eyeshadow, even though I'm not great at applying it. I did smoky black and then overlayed it with silver glitter. No blush for me, though. Hate that stuff, looks unnatural no matter how light a touch I have with it.

    Arline, the recital was everything I wanted and more :)

    ReplyDelete