Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I'm back, sort of.

So, here's the thing about gem show. People come from all over the place. Unfortunately, they bring their germs with them. So you take a whole bunch of people of varying degrees of wellness, and you cram them into a warm room with barely passable air circulation, and by the time it's done, you feel lucky if you get out of there healthy. This was not one of my lucky years. Friday night I had a tickle in my throat. Saturday I was sick, but I sucked it up because by golly, I was not missing Bead Dinner (which was a lot of fun, by the way). Sunday morning, the sounds coming out of my throat were not human. I spent most of Sunday and Monday asleep. Even my cats slept less than I did. It's been a while since I was this sick.

I'm mostly better now. I was actually awake for most of yesterday, and today I feel sick but alert. Unfortunately, it's doubtful that I'll have an update ready for this Friday. I have too much stuff that I have to catch up on.

Next week, however, there should be an incredible update. I picked up such cool stuff at gem show! Graceful chandelier findings, new colors of crystals and seed beads, pretty leaves. I'm excited to start working with all of it!

Today's Cool Thing is Kyoto Kimono! I picked up a really cool haori jacket from them during the show. I can't wait to wear it to My L5R game! Yes, I am a total nerd.

No comments:

Post a Comment