Friday, February 16, 2007

No update today!

Ok, so here's the deal. I'm feeling better, I've made a ton of great jewelry this week, and I'm all rarin' to go for a regularly scheduled Friday update and companion Fashionable Friday column. So what's the problem, you might ask? My cable connection has been acting up for months, and today it simply refuses to work. It's spending its time either being completely down, or claiming to be up while not loading anything. Honestly, right now I'd be happier with dial-up than I am with my normally fast cable connection! The only reason I can post this is that I snuck on to my neighbors' wireless network (no worries, we're friends and have permission).

Yesterday it disconnected and didn't come back up for 3 hours -- that was after being down for 20 minutes and then doing a couple more rapid-fire disconnects and then giving me half an hour of proper internet behavior. On Wednesday, it went down for an hour, then disconnected me half a dozen times in the span of 10 minutes. So far we've replaced the modem, had some sort of filter placed on the cable, and replaced the actual cable that runs from the wall jack to the modem.

Tomorrow a technician is coming out. This will be our third technician visit in about as many months. If he or she does manage to fix the connection, then I will post a rockin' update this weekend. If not, then it may be time to give DSL a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment