Tuesday, February 20, 2007

An assortment of things.

I had a rather pleasant day today, which included a trip to our favorite sushi place with our friend and neighbor Alex. Mmmm, sushi. If you had told me 2 years ago that I would be enjoying raw fish, I would have scoffed at you. Now I look forward to sushi nights as a way to have some tasty, not-too-heavy food and some nice conversation with whoever has joined us. The tempura fried ice cream today was an added bonus.

I have plans for Friday afternoon, so I think Thursday is going to be photography day. That means that tomorrow is my big day to make a couple of things for the site. Luckily today I finished embellishing my cameo (see, I told you it was a pleasant day!), so I can put it aside and focus on something else for a couple of days. Also luckily, I can get a decent amount of beading done at the L5R game.

In other news, I am really enjoying working on my third book (working title: A Darkened Dream). It's really been flowing lately, and the only reason I stopped working on it last night is because I'm trying really hard not to fall back into my old habit of staying up until 3-4am writing. I've been so much more productive now that I get up before noon. I'd like to get an early start on my writing tonight, so I think I'm going to wrap this post up now.

But first, I am going to leave you with an extra-special Cool Thing! You know how much I love the beadwork charity that I participate in, Layne's Legacy -- Beading For A Cure. Well, today I am very happy to share with you this beautiful slide show of all of the 2006/07 BFAC projects! It is set to a song called "Fern Grotto" by Doug Hamer. You will need Shockwave to view it, and please be aware that it takes a while to load -- but it's so worth it! Auctions should start in a week and a half. I hope that you're as excited as I am! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment