Saturday, January 02, 2010

Hello, 2010!

Yes, I probably should have made this post yesterday, but I was busy cleaning and hosting and being tired. Today I was also busy, but I'm not tired, which makes a big difference when it comes to blogging.

I'm very excited about 2010. 2009 was such a good year for me, because I actually did things. I guess I have a bit of a passive personality, too often I'm content to just drift through life and not accomplish much. But not in 2009! I started taking dance classes (to pursue my goal of teaching someday), finally learned how to drive, and started going to the gym. Actually, when I look at it, that's a pretty short list of accomplishments, but it's a lot more than I did in 2008.

This new year is all about continuing this momentum, and building on it. Not only will I move forward with dance classes, but I'm also going to attend some workshops to pick up some special skills (floorwork and fire fans, maybe others if the chance arises), and look for more opportunities to perform. Not only will I keep driving, but I've already done some research on a new car for my weekly drives to Phoenix (and any other long-distance trips we want to take). Not only will I continue to go to the gym, but I'll actively strive to get better at the things I suck at.

And then there's the new things. Lots of home improvements, lots of self-improvements, maybe a few adventures. Who knows what this year holds?

3 comments:

  1. It may be a short list, but they're complicated things that took time and effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is true, and I had other things going on, too, like the bead retreat, Beaded Cthulhu, NY trip...

    ReplyDelete
  3. infectious positive outlook you have!

    ReplyDelete