Monday, June 23, 2008

Yes, I'm still alive.

I didn't mean to drop off the face of the internet. I've just been very busy, and my computer of choice (with all my bookmarks and things) is currently awaiting a good spot to be used at. The table it was previously resting on was taken down to make room for the awesome entertainment center, and building the desk has turned into a monumental task. We're almost done with it tonight, but I honestly don't know if we'll be able to lift the top (complete with hutch) onto the base. I have weak girly arms. I knew I should have been working out more!

In other news, I finally started beading again today. The beadroom is still in the process of being properly furnished and arranged, so I just sat on the couch and worked on the rivoli project I was doing before we moved. The cats prefer it that way anyway -- Topher spent most of the time curled up next to me.

Slowly, the house is turning into a home. We've got furniture, and it's pretty much arranged how we want it. In another week, we'll have a washer and dryer. This week, I'll try to hang up some of the art that I've amassed over the years, and I've got more coming from Etsy. It will definitely feel much more home-like with nice pictures on the walls. Right now all we've got is my Nene Thomas calendar, and I just hung that today.

Once we're all settled in, I'll take some pictures. In the meantime, I've just been photographing the interesting bugs that I find!

3 comments:

  1. yeah!!! The move is done, the boxes are being unpacked and the cats are settling!! Was it hard for them? I am glad that it's beginning to feel like home and it's so much fun to hang art and dress up the place!
    Congradulations again!!
    Cheers, Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured you were up to your eyelashes in boxes. Glad to know everything is settling down a bit. Moving is a pain, but it sure feels good when it's all done.

    Arline

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must be quite a desk!

    ReplyDelete