Friday, November 30, 2007

So many photos!

I've been working on getting all of the photographs done for the 2007-08 Layne's Legacy -- Beading For A Cure challenge. 50+ items, 5+ images per item... it's a lot of photographs. I'm almost done though, yay! Of course, then I have to edit them all... But all this hard work is for a good cause, and well worth it!

I haven't beaded as much as I'd like this week. I got all the beads picked out for the Phoenix Feathers necklace, only to arrive at my friend's new place for the Wednesday game and realize that he had no light in his apartment! I'm hoping to get it started tomorrow, and finished in time for Monday's update. I also plan to make some new earrings for the update, and maybe another spiral bracelet.

Yesterday it started raining, and today has been very grey and very rainy. I love this weather! About an hour into tonight's photography, I was roasting from being under those lights, so I just opened the front door and let the cool air wash over me. It felt wonderful.

Last night we finished our final chapter in Chinese class! On Tuesday we all perform the skits that serve as our finals, and after that it's all review. Unless I bomb the skit, I'm pretty sure I'll be getting an A. Since I went into this with the idea that I'd probably only be able to manage a B, I'm really happy with how well I've done. I still get frustrated with all of the words and concepts that I don't know, but it's a lot of fun to be able to express myself even a little bit in another language... and to figure out how to say silly things like "I am DEATH PONY!!!" Thank goodness our teacher didn't ask what we were giggling about...

No comments:

Post a Comment