Thursday, May 31, 2007

Making banner ads is fun!

I just made my first animated banner ad today, and if I'd known it was so easy, I would have done it a lot sooner! In fact, it was kind of fun and I'm sitting here trying to resist the urge to make more. I need to make another in a different size, so I'll probably play with that tonight or tomorrow. Really, it's fun going through my product images and deciding which ones I think would be most likely to catch the eye of a potential customer. Of course, I'm biased. I usually pick all the green ones...

By the way, I am extending my free shipping sale until June 15th. Go forth and order! After the sale ends, I will have to raise shipping rates, thanks to the fine folks at USPS who have once again raised their rates. Costs will start at $3.50, up from $2.85.

Yesterday I finished the brown and green necklace, and man oh man does it look cool. This is definite future banner ad material! It's one of those pieces that I'm really tempted to keep for myself. Because I don't already own enough green jewelry! Since I'm not taking off for house-sitting until late in the afternoon, I should be able to take and maybe post a picture before I go quiet for the weekend.

On a completely not related to anything else note, I went and saw Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End today. It needed more sword fights (of course, I think everything needs more sword fights, but especially when there are Chinese pirates involved), but it was still pretty awesome. Definitely some good Summer entertainment. Check your rational thought process at the door and enjoy the fun. Also, enjoy the Chinese costumes, and Chow Yun-Fat rocking some awesome facial hair and a wicked over-the-ear tattoo. In fact, the movie was such fun that I'm going to cheat and call it today's Cool Thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment