Saturday, May 26, 2007

Looking forward.

I'm not sure if I'll have it done in time for tomorrow's update, but I just wanted to talk briefly about my current project. I'd even provide an in-progress photo, but Chris was doing chainmaille in my photography spot (apartments suck).

Yesterday a friend of mine suggested that I do a project in bright green and brown, and since those are colors I like and colors that are great for Summer, I had to agree. My original idea was to maybe do some sort of woven bracelet, but then I started looking through my artist beads and found a very nice set of beads by Lois of Wolf Song Designs which are ivory, bright green, and brown. Clearly, it was fate.

The necklace is going to be a combination of weaving and stringing, and I'm already about 1/3 of the way done with the weaving. I'm going to try to work on it at today's Rifts game, and if I complete the woven part, it will be very easy to include it in the update. If not, it just means I have a head-start for next week.

Today's Cool Thing is WordScram. It's a fun little word game that's kind of like a cross between Boggle and anagrams. You have several options for length of round and how many rounds to play. I'm completely addicted to it! Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment