Monday, May 28, 2007

The Birth of Flaming Teeth -- Part Four.

Here it is, in all its completed glory: Flaming Teeth!

As you can see, I've added a picot embellishment along the top, to give added visual and textural interest to the otherwise plain base strip. Then I attached the teeth, using crystals as a bridge between them and the base. This allows them to flare out nicely along the neck and shoulders. For added toothiness, I placed the pearl white niblet beads between every tooth. It has a very talismanic look, just like I'd hoped.

And then there's the clasp. Check out the perfect button I found at the bead shop:

Not only are the colors just right, but I feel that the slightly wavy lines really echo the theme of the piece. The clasp has four loops to make the size adjustable. With a choker like this, fit is always very important.

I hope you've enjoyed following the progress of my 2008 Layne's Legacy: Beading For A Cure project. I've certainly enjoyed sharing it with you!


  1. Flaming Teeth is just so cool, AJ! That button really sets off the choker, and adding extra button loops to make the size adjustable is a great idea. WTG!


  2. Thank you, Lora! The last two times that I did chokers for BFAC some people commented that they were too short, so I learned to add extra loops :) Now it's "One size fits most!"

  3. That turned out great. Love the button!