Sunday, April 22, 2007

Some stuff that is going on.

Hello! It's been a beautiful weekend here in Tucson, with a little rain overnight on Friday and pleasant temperatures yesterday and today. I'm in a fairly good mood. This afternoon my BFAC auction ended, and it raised more money than any of my previous donations have, so I'm quite happy about that!

Today my husband installed a new image manipulation program for me, and I've been playing around with it. You can see the results right here. Ahhhh, nice clean white background, melding flawlessly into the site. I've often envied other artists, who had such crisp images of their products. Now I can do it myself, hurrah! Over the next few weeks expect that the updates will be more about cleaning up the images of current products rather than adding new products.

I have to say, I'm really pleased with how the site is shaping up. VChoy's beautiful graphics really add some punch! And the new search engine is something Chris has wanted to add forever, but I kept making him do other things. Within the next week or two there should be some improvements made there, although they will mostly be of the behind-the-scenes sort. Anyway, it's great to have a search function, since I have 100+ items available at any given time.

Oh, by the way, on Friday night we watched this very cool Spanish movie called Intacto. It's a very interesting take on luck. The movie was a little grim at times, slightly creepy, but overall enjoyable and even somewhat intelligent. For those who have played White Wolf's Mage game, it may very well remind you of Entropy magic.

This is the last week to bid on 2007 Layne's Legacy: Beading For A Cure items, so today's Cool Thing of course has to be an auction! Sarah is a beautiful handmade, bead-embellished teddy bear by Wendy Reed. When I was a little kid, my mother used to sew similarly articulated bears and elaborate clothes for them, so I can appreciate the work that went into all facets of this great project. Be sure to look at all of this week's other auctions, and help us end this record-breaking year with a bang!

No comments:

Post a Comment