Monday, March 12, 2007

From An Eclectic Tribe.


Remember the little strip of beadwork from this post? Now look what it's grown up into! I think this may be the wildest, most eclectic necklace that I've ever made. I cannot wait to wear it to Ren Faire. Even for me, it's a bit much for every-day wear, but I definitely intend to make it a part of my dance garb.

For those who are curious, in addition to the Japanese seed beads, I used: Czech glass, Swarovski crystals, trade beads, vintage glass, coral, turquoise, mother of pearl, freshwater pearls, malachite, lapis lazuli, copper, tagua nut, those weird black beads with rhinestones and metal and stuff stuck on them, some random green stone (maybe a type of serpentine?), wooden skulls, a cowrie shell, a copper bottle, and a button made from a coin. In other words, more different beads than about 5-7 other necklaces put together.

I'd like to add some tribal-themed jewelry to my website stock as well. If I can just stop keeping all the good beads to myself, you might see some within the next month or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment