Saturday, December 20, 2008

What I did tonight:

Sad to say, but that's every holiday present in the house (not counting whatever Chris has for me). We really cut back this year, and Chris has barely started shopping for his family. Heck, two of those gifts are late birthday presents for my mother-in-law. Nonetheless, they are gifts and they are wrapped!

I'm not big on traditional holiday stuff, so I made due. While wrapping these presents, I had some nice festive cinnamon incense burning, and I went through a few CDs: A Very Scary Solstice by the HP Lovecraft Historical Society, the Projekt Dark Noel collection (which reminded me of why I don't listen to it ever), and then because I was out of Christmas music (because the other HPLHS CD is missing), I kicked it old school with some Mary Chapin Carpenter. I also brewed myself some tea, but it was horribly bitter, so I forgot about it until it was also horribly cold. Oh well.

To successfully wrap these presents, I had to make a few sacrifices to the Dark Lord Topher. As a cat, he's naturally drawn to wrapping supplies, especially tissue paper and ribbons. So I gave him some tissue paper that was in a package we received recently, and put it on his cat tree. Then I cut him off some ribbon that was already too damaged to use, and I draped it over him. Plus I let him play in the box that all of the bows had been stored in. The best part was when he jumped onto the tissue paper, with the ribbon wrapped around himself! Ah, kitties. They're entertained by the silliest things.

2 comments:

  1. Christmas is supposed to be the feeling, not the presents, anyway, and you've wrapped them all very nicely! I can just see Topher with the tissue paper and ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost took a picture of Topher with the tissue and ribbon, but I figured that by the time I got the camera, he'd have taken off.

    I know it's about the feeling, but I LIKE the presents! I like finding them, buying them, wrapping them, giving them, and getting some in return. It's just fun. And I have more to wrap! I forgot that I had the niece's presents tucked away in my desk.

    ReplyDelete