Tuesday, December 02, 2008

A shorter post

I might have another holiday-related essay-length post or two in me. I've been giving it a lot of thought over the past week. However, today I'm going to keep things short.

You may have noticed a general lack of bead and jewelry related talk around this blog lately. The reason for that is that I tweaked my back/shoulders and I can't bead for very long at a time right now. I need to make a doctor's appointment and get it checked out. Hopefully it is a temporary and easy to fix problem, and not some issue caused by my bad beading posture which I'll have to live with for the rest of my life. I tend to worry a lot about these sorts of things, which is why I haven't mentioned it until now... No one wants to hear me going on about how my back hurts and I'll never be able to bead or dance again, oh no, it's the end of the world!

Of course, I did not do myself any favors by taking Daisy up to the park for a craft fair on Sunday. I spent most of my time straining to keep her from constantly pulling ahead and eating popcorn from the ground. Both dogs really enjoyed the fair and got along with everyone they met, human and canine, but they also went along eating every bit of dropped food they found, and tried to get under peoples' tables. I don't think I'll take them to another craft fair until they've had some formal obedience training, but most people didn't seem to mind their slightly bad manners. Corgi cuteness apparently overcomes a number of flaws.

4 comments:

  1. Scarfers! You should see Spirit when they get the hard snackies in the morning. She doesn't see very well, so she sort of snuffles along the floor until she runs into one. Shiva eats while she does, but when she's done, he goes and gets the ones she missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, snuffly kitty!

    The dogs like to hang out in the kitchen when Chris cooks, to scarf up anything that he drops. This was very funny when he made cranberry sauce and dropped a berry. Daisy tried to eat it *three times* and Maggie tried once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Just a little bitter for the doggies? The flashy ball was in the middle of the living room this morning and Spirit kept banging into it while she snuffled for snackies and then she'd be distracted by the flashing lights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Silly Spirit!

    Yeah, I think cranberries are way too bitter for the dogs. They do like their cranberry-flavored treats, but I'm guessing those are sweet.

    ReplyDelete