Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Shhh! I'm hibernatin'!

Please don't mind the clutter in this picture, the area around Chris's desk is one spot of the house that I really don't clean.

My kitty Topher just loves paper of all sorts. He likes to chew on it, shred it, play on it, scratch it, whatever. So it came as no surprise to me that he staked his claim on this chunk of brown paper that was used as packaging material in a recent delivery. He kept jumping on it and playing around, to make it make crinkly noises. Then, when he got sleepy, he trampled it down and made himself the perfect little nest... awwww.

I love sleeping critters. They're just so adorable, with the way they curl up, and the content expression on their face. When Topher sleeps like this, he always reminds me of some woodlands critter, curling up in a den to hibernate the cold Winter away.

I wil be up in Marana house-sitting tomorrow, Thursday, and part of Friday. I may or may not have internet access, so I may or may not make blog posts! I just hope it's not cold and rainy while I'm up there, as I was looking forward to a little Christmas hike with my doggie pal Gobi.

In case I'm not around to blog on Thursday, I want to take this opportunity to wish everyone a safe and happy holiday!

4 comments:

  1. He's so cute! I have some of that brown paper in the workroom, maybe I'll bring some out and see what happens. Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is a big, fluffy cutey :) I finally gave him a little bed on my desk, because he kept sitting on the scanner.

    Did you give your kitties the brown paper?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I forgot. They're sleeping in the recliner right now, but if they get up, I'll get them some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got the brown paper out last night and crumpled some on the floor. No reaction. So I tossed it onto the couch, accidentally landing where Shiva likes to sleep and he went right over and sniffed at it. Then he looked at me as if to say "What did I do to you?" When I got up, it was crunched tight against the couch arm so he didn't have to lie on it. Clearly, they don't like the brown paper.

    ReplyDelete