Friday, December 28, 2007

Oh, hey, look... a blog!

I've been back since Wednesday night, and I am just now sitting down to blog. The past week has been busy, busy, busy! I had a great time dogsitting and a wonderful visit with family in CA. It was especially nice to reconnect with my aunt and uncle whom I hadn't seen in over 10 years. And weird to see my cousins, who are now all grown up with kids of their own. They're all older than me, so I don't think of them as kids, per se, but it's still weird when almost all of your cousins are parents. Better them than me!

On the way home from CA, we stopped at a bead store in Quartzite... It was disappointingly overpriced, so I didn't get any beady souvenirs of my trip. At least my Dad and little brother brought me back a plush dragon from Magic Mountain, so I'm not entirely souvenir-less.

Wednesday night was spent at our friend Alex's new place, playing Apples to Apples with our friends and his friends who were in town for the holidays. Good times all around -- we had so much fun that we went and bought our own box of Apples to Apples.

Yesterday was errands, and lots of them. Late holiday shopping, grocery shopping, that sort of thing. I indulged in my not-so-secret addiction... Wrapping supplies. I just love wrapping paper, ribbon, bows and tags. The artist in me delights in coming up with different combinations when I wrap. That's what I've been up to today! My family celebrates on New Year's Day, and we're hosting... So I figured I'd better do all the wrapping today so I could have time to clean up all the mess before Tuesday! Of course, I also have to wrap all the late Channukah/Christmas presents for Chris's family. I still have 7 gifties to wrap (and one more to buy and wrap for Chris!), but I desperately needed a break. Only so long I can bend over the table cutting paper.

Aside from the ornaments, I have barely beaded at all this past week... blah. Gotta remedy that this weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Apples to Apples is fun! One of the big ongoing events at Minicon is card/board game playing (there's gaming, too) and there's a lot of games from Out of the Box Games and from Cheapass Games. It's fun to watch newbies who haven't seen card games with funny pictures get swept up in what they originally thought was for kids!

    I'm glad you had a good time; too bad no beady souvenirs, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think one of my favorite things about Apples to Apples is that it's not as competitive as most other card games. Any time we play ANY other game, be it Munchkin, Creatures and Cultists, Kung Fu Fighting, or Elixir, two of the guys (varies from game to game) will get into a huge revenge match and it usually ends with someone's feelings being hurt. With Apples to Apples, everyone just laughs and has a great time!

    I heard that Out of the Box's Cineplexity was good, too, so we bought that for one of Chris's sisters.

    ReplyDelete