Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I'm in love!

I fell in love with a beautiful boy today. I really don't think that the two cats who I already have would be very happy if I brought in a third, but if you'd seen this cat rubbing up against his cage and kneeding his claws because he was just so happy to be coo'd over.

I'm really hoping that someone else adopts him, because if not, I'll have to find a way to work a cat into my life. I've always loved silver kitties, and this one was so friendly that he just sunk his claws right into my heart at first sight. Curse you, PetSmart, and your on-site adoption!

Getting pets through rescue or adoption is a pretty big thing to me. Yes, I did get my Topher-kitty from a friend whose cat had a litter, but I wasn't planning on getting a new cat, it just happened. When I go out in search of a pet, I hit the shelter. There are so many homeless pets out there that it just makes me cry. Lira is a former shelter cat, as is my brother's striking and lovable Manx, Bubba. Both cats have proven to be great, hearty pets. I don't think Bubs has ever had a health problem, and Lira's only emergency vet trip was when she had broken claws from her great escape.

What does any of this have to do with my business? Well, I'll definitely need to sell some jewelry if I want to adopt a cat ;) Oh, and Iggy's coloring is very fashionable. Monochrome greys and blacks are in this season, you know.

Remember, new jewelry will be on my site on Friday, September 15th! I'm looking forward to it, and I hope you are, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment