Thursday, June 16, 2011

Tribal Magic

My husband actually found this cool pendant on a shopping trip. I just had to have it! It looks sort of like a pentagram, but the lines don't actually form a star. Still very strange and occult looking. I used some black lava, fired agate, and faceted glass beads to make it into a nice Gothic Tribal necklace. I call it Black Magic and it's currently available in my Etsy shop.

I'm having so much fun designing tribal necklaces, it's giving me a chance to use a lot more stone beads. When I was primarily doing beadwoven pieces, I had to use stones sparingly, and only small ones, or run the risk of them damaging the thread. The stones in this piece came from a couple different Rings & Things bead shows. I used almost all the lava in this one, but there's plenty more fired agate waiting to be used in other designs.

4 comments:

  1. Well yes, the pendant itself is pentagonal, but there's a design on it that's star-like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, part of it is, and the others aren't. I think someone just made it up -- I haven't seen anything else like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's just a random design, but it looks cool and occult. Like some pentagram variant designed to be used in summoning Great Old Ones.

    ReplyDelete