Thursday, June 23, 2011

Is that a muffin tin full of beads?

Why yes, it is in fact a muffin tin full of beads. If that doesn't make any sense at all to you (because it certainly wouldn't, under normal circumstances), then you should check out the Muffin Tin Jewelry Challenge over at Art Bead Scene. I decided to give it a shot since I do need to get some fresh new stock in my shop Handmade Jewelry by Erthe Fae Designs, and it is way too hot to use this pan to actually, you know, bake muffins.

(Also, yes, that is Lira's tiny kitty paw in the top corner of the image)

Not all of this will actually end up in my Etsy shop, though. One necklace is a custom order for a friend, there's a necklace and a pair of earrings for me, and a few things for my secret new retail location.

I like how a lot of my projects are overflowing from their muffin cups! The beads refuse to be confined.

3 comments:

  1. I only have a six-cup muffing tin, for my toaster oven. But I have the makings of a dozen or so sets already.

    (Word is mined)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really liking this set-up, I sat down and made half a dozen things today in less than 2 hours, because all the supplies were already laid out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I like to hear that the challenge has helped you whip up some new things!

    ReplyDelete