Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Butterfly!

Another picture from Aruba. My favorite part about the trip was going to The Butterfly Farm. I'm such a girly-girl about some things and butterflies are definitely one of them. They're simply so beautiful, delicate and ephemeral. To view them in a habitat full of their natural food, and have them flying right around me was just perfect. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me, so we have to rely on pictures from Chris's iPhone.

This was of course my favorite butterfly, because black and green is my favorite color combination. And oh, the green! The photo doesn't do it just -- the vibrancy, the iridescence... *sigh*

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous butterfly! I go to a butterfly exhibit in Palm Springs every year and just love taking pictures of them - great color inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is inspirational, not just the butterflies but also all the beautiful flowers and leaves of the plants they feed on.

    Our Botanical Gardens does a Butterfly Fest, I need to get out there with my camera.

    ReplyDelete