Friday, March 26, 2010

I miss my lights!

You may have noticed that pretty much all of my photos now are taken outdoors, on these bricks. There are a couple of reasons for that. I like natural sunlight, the bricks make a decent neutral background, and I have no clue where my Ott-Lites are!

I used to do photography in a little light box with my two Ott-Lites on either side. But I haven't seen those lights in forever. I went looking for them back in October, because I needed to bring one along to the Tahoe retreat, and I couldn't find them anywhere. Luckily my parents do a lot of arts and crafts and had a spare light to loan me for the trip (a real necessity, the lighting was awful in the conference rooms!). I figured my lamps would turn up eventually, but months later I still haven't come across them. I think I'm going to have to break down and buy a couple more the next time JoAnn's puts them on sale. I'm sure that as soon as I do, I'll find the missing ones in some painfully obvious place.

The point of this is that I made two new necklaces today, but by the time I finished them it was almost 4pm, which means long shadows for photography. I'll have to take pictures tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment