Friday, May 26, 2006

Morning Scares

Well, there's nothing like getting up in the morning and having your beloved PC not respond to the touch of your finger on the power button! There were a scary few minutes where I thought that my computer (which I've been using for about 3 years now) was dead. Now luckily, a few people have my book, so that wouldn't be lost, but I haven't backed up my progress on my second book, nor have I backed up the work I have on my beading book. Yikes.

Thankfully, it turns out that it was just the USB half of my USB/surge protector giving up the ghost. It's older than my computer, and the one that my husband got at the same time died sometime last year. I was able to plug my computer in to the surge side and everything is OK now. Later today, I'll have to back everything important up. It was a good reminder that my computer is not invincible and I shouldn't trust it with what amounts to my life's work.

My Beading For A Cure project continues to give me trouble. I've finally decided that it's time to start all over again. Something's just not gelling and it gets worse the more I try to force it. My favorite charity deserves better than this! That said, I'm going to spend the weekend working on some business-related things, relax, clear my mind, and be ready to tackle it anew on Tuesday.

Monday will be blog and website work day. Expect to see a lot of changes and new sections to my page, and maybe a big article here on the blog -- which will actually be linked to my site now.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world!! I'll book mark you, AJ, and keep checking back!! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lora! I am really enjoying it :) I hope to get to play with adding photos to my posts this coming week!

    ReplyDelete