Monday, May 16, 2011

I made something pink!

Talk about stepping outside of my comfort zone! I made this for my friend Meghan, based on the colors of a little hip scarf she wears to dance class sometimes. It was very weird to work on, because these colors are so bright and there's no neutral involved. But I kept telling myself that Meghan would like it, and that plenty of bead artists work in color combinations like this, so they can't all be wrong.

The pendant is a large Swarovski crystal bezeled with Delicas and Japanese seed beads, hanging from a hand-dyed silk ribbon that perfectly matches the crystal.

4 comments:

  1. That's very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Meghan liked it so much that she went and changed into a shirt that matched it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wearing the red fairy necklace today and got a batch of nice comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yay! I'm glad you're still wearing and enjoying it :)

    ReplyDelete