Thursday, June 04, 2009

Belly Dancer Dreams

Today's Daily Special is Neon Dragon, a glowingly gorgeous woven bracelet over a memory wire core!

Setting up my now-expired Mermaid-themed Treasury was so much fun that today I jumped at the chance to make another Treasury. This one is called Belly Dancer Dreams and it's all things that I would love to wear and dance in. Clothing, jewelry, hair accessories, even some perfume. While I was looking for the right items to feature, I even found some new sellers to add to my ever-growing Favorites list. Oh, how I wish Etsy let us sort our Favorites!

Speaking of things that belly dancers dream of, I'm making good progress with my coin bra. I'd be making even better progress if not for the fact that I decided I didn't like how the cowrie shells were hanging, requiring me to undo all of the dangles I added last night. Need to find something to replace the shells with. It's a shame, because cowries are such an ubiquitous tribal adornment, and they made my bra look a little less cabaret. But I'm sure I'll find something appropriate somewhere in my collection.

2 comments:

  1. That's interesting because cowries come from tropical waters. Or when you say tribal, do you mean something other than American tribes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that's the interesting thing. It's often called American Tribal Style, but only because it was developed in the US. It's inspired more by the tribal traditions of the Middle East and Africa.

    I think the cowries are popular because of their association with female sexuality.

    ReplyDelete