Friday, May 22, 2009

Beads, Glorious Beads!

Here they are, the beautiful strands of beads that I bought on my mini-vacation. Except for the two glass strands near the bottom left-hand corner, all of these came from the Rings and Things show. I think I'll be good on stone beads for a while. My finds include:
-Brown Lava
-Black Lava
-Kambaba Jasper
-Antiqued Jade
-Eagle Eye
-Nephrite
-Lizardite
-Bone
-Green Jasper
-Copper
-Fireworks Jasper
-Smoky Quartz
-Red Tiger's Eye
-Something tagged as "Copyrite?"
-Lots of Czech glass
-And more!

I'm looking forward to designing with these beads. What I'm not looking forward to is putting them all away! Heck, most of my purchases from the February shows are still in the bags they came in. I think I'm overdue for some Spring cleaning -- before it becomes Summer.

And of course, it wouldn't be a blog post if I didn't mention the Daily Special! Check out Mistress of the Secret Forest, on sale for $85 down from $100.

9 comments:

  1. yummy beads...I love buying new beads then I get them home & go opps, I already have these:) Hopefully this will change when I become more organized.....okay, stop laughing, really....

    Funky Monkey Girl,
    Jolene

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was daydreaming about organization today. Wouldn't it be cool to have a shelf system and have everything sorted by color?

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a gorgeous hoard! i must be weird, because i love to put away all my beads immediately and particularly. i am uber compartmentalized and i know where everything is in all my stacks and drawers. the sorting and stashing is a huge part of bead allure for me.
    can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the beads! what's that textured swirly brown bead? i really like that one! it'll go great for summer! i work with a lot of lava beads. check these out: they're cubed, black lava, diamond shaped beads! http://www.stonesandfindings.com/images/items/11/Lava-Other-Cube-Diamond-113118621010.jpg! think your beads will lead to great designs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, I don't see anything that looks like pyrite, which is what "copyrite" makes me think of.

    I have my seed beads sorted by type, size, and color, but in drawer systems instead of shelves. I don't have enough stone to separate them -- they're all in one drawer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and if someone went the other way with misspelling, there's always coprolites.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mermaiden, I do enjoy putting away my beads -- when I have a place for them. It's very satisfying to see them all lined up in their places, and see all of the colors next to each other. But when I don't have a space for them, it's frustrating coming up with the best way to store them.

    These stones are problematic, because they're bigger than what I normally work with, so they won't fit in any of my cute little containers :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sophie, those lava cubes are great! The black lava that I bought is similar, except that it's flat diamonds instead of diamond cubes.

    The textured brown swirly beads are antiqued jade with a design etched into them. Aren't they gorgeous? I want to make something tribal with them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marilee, when I first read the tag I thought it said coprolite, because that's just the sort of thing Chris would show me.

    Whatever it is, I'm guessing that the name is a joke, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's some sort of man-made stone made of squishing together other stones. It's black and grey with flashes of chatoyancy, and bits of pyrite-like gold.

    ReplyDelete